Monday, May 21, 2012

Dreamy Mixed Media Art

"A large part of my work is the search for license-free images, illustrations or photos, for which copyright has long expired. Old books, magazines and the Internet are my primary resources for that. Once I have found the fitting image, I break it into pieces and then weave it back together mixed with other images. I transform, assemble and retouch the pieces, until the original image is no longer recognizable and an entirely new image is created."~ graphic designer Catrin Welz-Stein

Click through to read an interview with Ms. Welz-Stein & see more of her images (based on surrealism, folklore & fairy tales. She has a shop on Redbubble, as well. Very cool.

A rainy, sleepy Monday here. Time to put the kettle on.

ciao-meow/GGCM

(image via My Modern Met)